Hi! I have been using this mix for years- basically, ever since my husband went gluten free. I have always added a banana and a dollop of Nutella in the middle, because they make my kids go crazy. C R A Z Y! Then, I got fancy and decided to add Chia Seeds to the recipe and everyone still loved them. THIS RECIPE is my best version yet because I have made it the DANCEFOODIE way…. And it is the BOMB. I figured if I was going to add all that protein and amino acid goodness, I could take it to another level and add a chewy awesome caramel Rolo. BAM! The nuts and mini chocolate chips make them crazy good. My assistant, Sophia, literally just said, “Those muffins are so filling and so awesome!”.
What is my theory over here at DanceFoodie? Just because they taste naughty doesn’t mean they can’t be amazing for you. These guys have 8.5 grams of protein per muffin and are chalked full of 18 amino acids and vegan goodness from our vegan protein powder included! The collagen peptide protein in this recipe boosts the health of hair, skin and nails…. as well as give joints and ligaments power and protection for the hardest working young athletes. Just say thank you.
Banana Nutella Power Muffins-BAM!
GLUTEN FREE-DAIRY FREE
Gluten Free King Arthur Muffin Mix
6 Tablespoons Coconut Oil (melted)
1 Cup Coconut Milk
3 Tablespoons Collagen Protein Powder
1.5 Tablespoons (1 scoop)
Vega Vanilla Protein Powder
2 Tablespoons Flax Meal
3 Organic Eggs
1 Rolo per Muffin
1 Teaspoon Nutella per Muffin
Makes 15 Muffins
Toppings: Chopped Salted Pecans & Mini Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- In a glass bowl add the dry ingredients:
- Muffin Mix
- Vega Vanilla Protein Powder
- Collagen Protein Powder (grass fed)
- Organic Flax Meal
2. In a separate bowl:
- Melt the Coconut Oil (about 40 seconds in the microwave in a glass bowl)
- Whisk 1 Cup Coconut Milk into melted oil (Do this quickly so it stays mixed and melted)
- Add/whisk 3 eggs in immediately until mixed together (room temperature is better so the coconut oil stays warm enough to stay melted).
- Combine wet ingredients into the dry ingredient bowl
- Make a hole in the center of the dry mix and pour the wet ingredients in while whisking to blend.
- Once the ingredients are thoroughly blended, take one mashed banana and mix it in completely.
4. Grease a 12 muffin tin pan with coconut oil spray.
5. Fill each ⅓ full with batter
6. Add one Rolo to each muffin
7. Add 1 Teaspoon Nutella (or more if you love Nutella like we do!)
8. Add more muffin batter to each to cover the Rolo and Nutella just below the rim.
9. Sprinkle chopped salted pecans and mini semi sweet chocolate chips on top of each
muffin before baking.
10. Let muffin pan rest for 15 minutes before baking
11. Bake for 12-18 minutes in a 350 degree preheated oven.
-Check occasionally to ensure the tops do not brown too much and the center is cooked through.
12. Cool for 15-20 minutes before placing muffins on a cookie rack.